Saturday, October 30, 2004

A more serious attempt...

This will be my third attempt at actually starting a blog. I hope it will be more successful than the others...

Anyway, a quick recap of some significant events in my life, in order to provide background for what may follow in the future:
  • My younger brother, Brian, shipped off to Iraq four weeks ago
  • I started working for Google three weeks ago
  • I finally managed to verify that I'll be able to vote next Tuesday (Support our troops! Get Bush out of office!)
There are other things I could include in that list, but not being an exhibitionist at heart, those make a good start.

As part of my job change, I'll be moving back to Silicon Valley from San Diego in the coming weeks. I'm looking forward to this, as many of my good friends are up there. I will miss the San Diego weather, though. Five years ago, when I moved out to California from Massachusetts, I railed at anyone who complained about it being cold in the Bay Area; I realize now that you do get acclimated to this weather over time, and that going back can feel harsh (it's purely in my mind, I'm sure).

That'll do for an introductory post, I guess. Perhaps future posts will be more exciting; there are certainly some topics I would be more than glad to rant about...

-Chris

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Hi. I randomly searched this site for people in Bel Air (I can't sleep and I'm bored....I swear I'm normally not this nerdy). I came up with your dad's profile. And I recognized your mom. I live in West Riding. I actually just moved back here from CA. Anyway, I went to school with Brian when we were younger. I went to Bel Air for high school though. I wasn't aware he was in the service. What branch is he in and how long will he be there? If you want you can e-mail me back at GenMailhot@aol.com. TTYL, toodles.